There’s nothing quite like finding a multi-use product hack! It’s an absolute winner for helping you get more bang for your buck while also helping to cut down on the accumulation of too much stuff (and the resources required to make them).
Hack #1: Use your Ethique conditioner bar as a shaving bar
Our Wonderbar conditioner really lives up to its name - it's a multi-use, long-lasting conditioner that's packed full of nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa butter and vitamin B5.
Lucky for us, Wonderbar’s formulation also means that you can use it as a shaving bar! Using our conditioner bars as a shaving bar is great for sensitive skin and leaves skin feeling smooth and hydrated.
- Wet the bar and area of skin you want to shave.
- Apply bar directly onto the area – a little goes a long way.
- Work the product in with your hands.
- Shave. Easy!
The great news is that you can use any of our conditioner bars for shaving. Though do be aware that they won’t create a soapy, bubbly lather as our conditioner bars don’t contain any surfactants (foaming ingredients).
If you prefer a foamy shaving bar instead, try out our Tip-to-Toe shampoo, shave bar and body wash bar.
Hack #2: Use your Ethique conditioner bar as an in-shower body moisturiser
Much like the power-packed hydration and silky-smooth feeling that our conditioner bars provide for your hair, they also offer the same benefits when used as an in-shower body moisturiser.
How to use our conditioner bars as an in-shower moisturiser:
- Wet the bar and area of skin you want to moisturise while you’re in the shower.
- Apply the bar directly onto the area – a little goes a long way. No really, start off with less product than you think you’ll need!
- Work the product in with your hands.
- Rinse off thoroughly and feel the silky-smooth magic.
Top tip: take extra care when using our conditioner bars as in-shower body moisturisers as this will make your shower floor slippery.
Hack #3: Use your Ethique conditioner bar as a leave-in conditioner
If you’re after a product that can be left in your hair to allow for conditioning after a shower, look no further than our conditioner bars.
Great for very dry, curly or thick hair, a leave-in conditioner can help with detangling, styling, moisturising and give you overall shiny glossy hair.
How to use our conditioner bars as a leave-in conditioner
- Once your hair is wet, shampooed, conditioned and you are nearly ready to step out of the shower, grab your conditioner bar and wet it.
- Slide it briefly down your ends once or twice -use less than you think you’ll need as it’s highly concentrated!
- Gently massage the product into your hair with very wet hands. Using a bit of water is key to this working beautifully as our conditioner bars are water-free.
- Step out of the shower and dry your hair as normal.
Top tip: Use much less product than you think you will need as a little bit really does go a long way.
Hack #4: Use your Ethique conditioner bar as a hair mask or deep treatment
Treat your hair to a weekly hair mask or deep treatment and you just might shock yourself at how lush it leaves your hair looking & feeling!
How to use our conditioner bars as a hair mask or deep treatment
- Saturate your hair – again, the wetter the better!
- Wet your conditioner bar.
- Slide the wet bar from root to tip, making sure you have a generous amount of product in your hair.
- Using wet hands, massage the conditioner into your hair. Now’s the best time to focus the product on those drier ends.
- Time to leave the product in to work its magic! Pop a silk cap on or leave as is and just let it penetrate the hair shaft for an hour or two at most.
- Rinse off with lots of warm water before you go to bed and wake up to gorgeous shiny, soft hair.
There you have it – five different ways you can use one Ethique conditioner bar! With each bar being the equivalent of five bottles (or nine in the case of our Curliosity conditioner) of liquid conditioner , you really can't go wrong with our solid blocks of goodness.